iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android tablets/phones
Goal Areas: Written Expression, Spelling, Written Naming, Writing to Dictation, Copying
Helps: Expressive Aphasia, Agraphia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, Cognitive-Communication Impairment, Brain Injury, Early Language Learners, Language Learning Disability, English as a Second Language Learners
Vocabulary: 500+ Nouns + Unlimited Custom Words
Languages: English (US), English (UK), Spanish (Español), French (Français), German (Deutsch)
Price: $19.99 USD
Included in: Language Therapy
Coltheart, M., Sartori, G., & Job, R. (Eds.)(2013). The Cognitive Neuropsychology of Language (Psychology Revivals). Psychology Press.
Ball, A. L., de Riesthal, M., Breeding, V. E., & Mendoza, D. E. (2011). Modified ACT and CART in severe aphasia. Aphasiology, 25(6-7), 836-848.
Beeson, P. M., & Egnor, H. (2006). Combining treatment for written and spoken naming. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 12(06), 816-827.
Beeson, P. M., Hirsch, F. M., & Rewega, M. A. (2002). Successful single-word writing treatment: Experimental analyses of four cases. Aphasiology, 16(4-6), 473-491.
Robson, J., Marshall, J., Chiat, S., & Pring, T. (2001). Enhancing communication in jargon aphasia: A small group study of writing therapy. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders, 36(4), 471-488.
Nov 9, 2015 Version 2.02
- Fix for recording issue on iOS 9 that some users were experiencing
Jun 19, 2015 Version 2.01
May 19, 2015 Version 2.0
- Spanish, French, & German languages added
- UK English localization and new voice recordings
- Auto-advance or manually move to the next item
- Select any combination of word length
- Hear letter names pronounced as you touch each tile
Nov 14, 2014 Version 1.07
Feb 2, 2014 Version 1.06
- New ability to backup and restore custom items
Sep 11, 2013 Version 1.05
Feb 19, 2013 Version 1.04
Jan 23, 2013 Version 1.03
- Interactive letter now initiate sound when touched
- Full database control turns words on/off
May 9, 2012 Version 1.02
- Add your own words with new customization added
- Child-friendly mode added to deactivate outside links
Oct 28, 2011 Version 1.01
- Added UK English voice and vocabulary
- Functionality additions allow choice between lowercase and capital letters, and tile movement from drag to tap
Sep 30, 2011 Writing TherAppy Initial Release