Tactus Therapy Solutions made its first public appearance two years ago with the release of Comprehension TherAppy. In the past two years, this app has undergone several improvements to become what it is in the current version 1.06:
- Included the in-app purchases of Verbs and Adjectives
- Added customization to allow you to include your own words
- Recorded translations of Spanish, French & UK English
- Gave you category selection (now a feature of all of our apps)
- Added a child-friendly mode for use with younger users
- Improved the email report to include levels and errors
- Hints to cue users on all activities, making it more therapeutic
- Released Language TherAppy Lite as a free trial
- Bundled it with 3 other popular apps to make a full therapy suite
Our company was inspired by the release of the iPad just a year before we started on Comprehension TherAppy, but the app itself was inspired by two things: first, how inefficient it is to lay out multiple photo cards of a certain semantic relationship for each trial, and second, a book called Clinician Controlled Auditory Stimulation for Aphasic Adults by Robert Marshall. This binder of therapy materials was found in the depths of a hospital therapy cabinet and was on the pile for recycling. Opening it up, it was an amazing collection of drawings that could be flipped to create different semantic and phonological exercises. With a copyright date of 1978, the images had grown a bit out of date.
Comprehension TherAppy was our way of modernizing a classic therapy technique, making the best use of the touch-screen technology, automation, sound, scoring, automatic difficulty adjustment, and modern photos. The app is a great home exercise program and a handy assessment and therapy tool for clinicians. While the concept may seem simple, just use it in therapy to see how powerful this app can be, and how flexible.
We sold one copy on our first day on the App Store and were elated! We have now surpassed 100,000 downloads of our apps worldwide and have never looked back. As we move forward with updates to four of our apps and designing the eleventh, our family at Tactus Therapy will be pausing to celebrate our achievements. In two short years we have learned SO much and made so many positive connections. Thanks go to all of you for your support, for downloading and using our apps, and for spreading the word. We look forward to providing you with far more quality apps for therapy over the coming years! And now….
Happy Birthday Comprehension TherAppy!