Platforms: iOS (iPad, iPhone)
Goal Areas: Verbal Expression, Verbal Reasoning, Describing, Inferencing, Predicting, Generative Naming, Defining, Discussing Opinions, Oral and Written Narrative, Making Decisions, Pragmatics, Comparison, Safety Awareness, Fluency, Apraxia, Conversation-Level Articulation, Eye Contact, Strategy Use
Helps: Stroke, Cognitive-Communication Disorders, Autism & Asperger Syndrome (ASD/PPD), Aphasia, Traumatic Brain Injury, Alzheimer’s and other early Dementia, SLI, AAC users, ADHD, Special Educational, Stuttering, Apraxia, Learning Disability, Typical Learners, ESL
Contains: 300+ photos (in Adult mode, 275 in Teen, 225 in Child), 10 question types, 3000+ question prompts, 12 categories of subjects
Features: Individual & Group Modes, User Profiles, Data Tracking, Score Reports & Graphs
Languages: English with tracks in Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, Finnish, Filipino & Zulu
Age: 9+ (this app should always be used with a responsible adult present)
Price: $24.99 USD
Bundled in: Tactus Collection Part 1 – Aphasia
Basso, A. (2010). “Natural” conversation: A treatment for severe aphasia. Aphasiology, 24(4), 466-479.
Boyle, M. (2011). Discourse treatment for word retrieval impairment in aphasia: The story so far. Aphasiology, 25(11), 1308-1326.
Hopper, T., Holland, A., & Rewega, M. (2002). Conversational coaching: Treatment outcomes and future directions. Aphasiology, 16(7), 745-761.
Kempler, D., & Goral, M. (2011). A comparison of drill-and communication-based treatment for aphasia. Aphasiology, 25(11), 1327-1346.
Turner, S., & Whitworth, A. (2006). Conversational partner training programmes in aphasia: A review of key themes and participants’ roles. Aphasiology, 20(6), 483-510.
Aug 25, 2016 Version 1.08
- Added Finnish language translation
- Hear each question aloud
- Now you can zoom in on the pictures
- Help overlays and pop-ups to guide you
- Fresh new graphics for a more modern look
- Groups of up to 4 on all devices
- On-screen audio recordings you can email
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 plus
Jan 19, 2015 Version 1.04
Jun 16, 2014 Version 1.03
- Added Spanish, Dutch, German, and Filipino
- Ability to select text to be read aloud added
- Mute-lock detection added
Sep 6, 2013 Version 1.02
- Added French and Portuguese
Jul 19, 2013 Version 1.01
- Added Zulu in honor of Mandela Day
- Improved user selection tab functionality
May 26, 2013 Conversation Therapy Initial Release