Work with Us!
Tactus Therapy Solutions is a small company with big ideas. While we strive to do good work, we can’t do it alone, so we are frequently looking for quality contractors to contribute their talents to our apps. We periodically need writers, translators, voice artists, quality assurance testers, Android/iOS/web coders, and other help. Please look at our current needs below.
Intermediate Frontend Web Developer
Remote (within BC, Canada)
$70,000-$90,000 annual salary
Tactus Therapy is a leading developer of speech therapy software to help people communicate after a stroke. Our rehabilitation software helps tens of thousands of speech pathologists and stroke survivors around the world every day. Based in the Vancouver area, we are a small, ethical company with a tight-knit remote team that is scaling to increase our impact and help those who need it most.
This is a full-time remote position that reports directly to the CTO. You must be a resident of British Columbia, Canada.
Starting salary will be based on experience. Benefits include 3 weeks of paid vacation, extra days off between Christmas and New Year, parental leave, paid educational courses, flexible working hours, and the opportunity for advancement and bonuses.
If you like the idea of making a positive difference and creating something meaningful, this could be the job for you!
- Developing user-facing applications using Vue.js
- Building modular and reusable components and libraries
- Translating our UX designs from Figma into pixel-perfect screens
- Optimizing our application for performance
- Performing code reviews with other developers
- Participating in project planning and other meetings with developers, designers, QA, etc.
- Estimating and tracking time on tasks using project management software
- Following current development processes as well as suggesting and implementing new processes to improve our workflow
- Keeping an eye on security updates and issues found with Vue.js and all project dependencies
- Proposing any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- 2+ years of experience with Vue.js 2 and its core principles such as components, reactivity, and the virtual DOM
- Familiarity with the Vue.js ecosystem, including Vue CLI, Vuex, and Vue Router
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Git and Bitbucket, or equivalent
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent
- Detail-oriented with high standards
Other Things That Might Be Useful
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience with Feathers JS
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with web accessibility standards
- Experience in the healthcare or disability space
- An interest in linguistics, psychology, and cognition
Please send the following to email@example.com
- a cover letter
- your resume
- links to any code you are proud of
Candidates moving on to the next stage will be asked to complete a 1-hour online coding test, and then interviews will start.
We are always building our team of trusted beta testers for new apps. Beta testers are the first people to get a look at our apps and use them clinically before we release them. We are looking for Speech-Language Pathologists who are very detail-oriented with clear writing skills. You must be able to use the app with a clinical population in a timely manner and give frequent feedback on your likes, dislikes, wants, and reactions. This is a volunteer position, though you will be compensated for your time with an advance copy of our latest app, a free copy of another app from our collection, and the knowledge that your input has helped to shape an app that thousands of people will use in therapy.
To Apply: Please fill out this form: https://airtable.com/shrS4sP4YotH5prDW