Take Your Aphasia Therapy to
The Next Level!
For people who find most apps and exercises too easy, this app is for you! Advanced Naming Therapy will challenge you to find the right words, find them faster, and organize your language better.
Taking over where our best-selling Naming Therapy app leaves off, Advanced Naming Therapy moves beyond confrontation naming strategies to give you more to talk about in new ways. Four engaging and evidence-based activities guide you to work on:
Thinking of the Right Word
Talking in Sentences
Organizing Your Ideas
Improving Your Efficiency
It can be so difficult to find therapy activities challenging enough for more mild language problems, but with the 1,250+ exercises in this app, you won’t get bored. There’s always a way to make it harder so you can continue to improve. This will quickly become your most-used app for expressive language and cognitive-communication therapy.
See Advanced Naming Therapy In Action
Practice at Home or Use at Work
Work with a partner to improve your speech, language, and thinking skills!
- Guided exercises help you get more therapy at home between sessions
- Write or record your answers if you’re working alone, then send them off
- Adjust the difficulty as you improve
Challenge your clients with evidence-based treatments that work!
- Easily use the research-based VNeST technique and verbal fluency tasks
- Thousands of stimuli to make your clients think, talk, and laugh out loud!
Here’s What People are Saying about
Advanced Naming Therapy
My patient can now have a real conversation with her daughter!
I used it with 6 patients in one day!
Good tool and supplement to speech therapy
Fabulous for groups!
What You’ll Get in
Advanced Naming Therapy
Four activities provide thousands of exercises for language & cognitive therapy.
1) Create sentences around 250 common verbs following a 7-step sequence derived from the Verb Network Strengthening Treatment (VNeST) protocol. Come up with 3 subjects and objects using each verb, then expand on them to create a longer sentence, all while reading aloud. Studies show this type of exercise really works to improve
2) Generate words in over 320 categories against the clock in verbal fluency tasks. Name a set number of items in each category or condition, or as many as you can in a set time period. Think of items in concrete or abstract categories, or search your mental dictionary for words that start with given letters or a prefix. Want a challenge? Try rhymes or synonyms.
3) Compare and contrast. Talk about the similarities and differences between tw
4) Describe these interesting pictures or use for other treatments like response elaboration training. Select specific categories to target various goals: Conversations & Thoughts for perspective-taking; Problems for safety awareness; Idioms for non-literal language use; Famous Places for interesting group discussions about travel; the Funny… and Unusual… categories use humor & the unexpected to encourage language use.
Adjust settings to customize the activity for each user. Select only the levels or categories you need.
Automated reporting breaks each trial with the information the therapist needs to track progress.
Standardized tests for two verbal fluency assessments: a semantic test of animals, and a phonemic test of F, A, and
All the Tactus Therapy apps are designed by a certified speech-language pathologist and are based on research and clinical best practices. Learn more about the evidence behind this app.
Try Before You Buy
Advanced Language Therapy Lite
Download Advanced Language Therapy Lite for free on your iOS or Android device for a sample of Advanced Naming Therapy. The Lite version allows you to try all 4 activities (and 3 other apps) to give you a sample of the hundreds of exercises in the full app.
Don’t Forget to Download Your
FREE USER GUIDE
Get the most out of this app when you have all the power user tips & step-by-step instructions. Fill out the form so we can send your free PDF user guide straight to your inbox!
Start using this app or save with a bundle
Using Speech Therapy Apps to Treat Writing
From spelling words to typing text messages to composing emails, we've got you covered with 4 core and 2 bonus speech therapy apps to improve written expression.
4 min read
Using Speech Therapy Apps to Treat Talking
From repeating phrases to naming pictures to discussing hot topics, we've got you covered with 5 core and 5 bonus speech therapy apps to improve verbal expression.
7 min read
The Importance of Categories
Why do we work on categories in speech therapy? How does categorization help us learn new words or remember things? Learn why categories are important.
4 min read
Using Speech Therapy Apps to Treat Thinking: Cognitive-Communication Disorders in Adults
Cognition plays a vital role in communication. Learn how to integrate 5 of the best apps for cognitive-communication rehab into your therapy.
5 min read
How To: Response Elaboration Training (RET) for Sentences in Aphasia
A step-by-step guide to doing Response Elaboration Treatment, an evidence-based speech therapy protocol to improve sentences for people with aphasia.
6 min read
How To: Semantic Feature Analysis (SFA) for Anomia
A step-by-step guide to doing Semantic Feature Analysis, an evidence-based aphasia therapy protocol to improve anomia after stroke or brain injury with a free handout.
6 min read
How To: Verb Network Strengthening Treatment (VNeST)
A step-by-step guide to doing VNeST treatment to improve word finding after a stroke. Learn how it works, how to do it, and how an app can help promote independence & intensive practice.
7 min read